Did anyone just see what I saw? A guy holding a "Tebow will you marry me?" sign? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]
Did anyone just see what I saw? A guy holding a "Tebow will you marry me?" sign? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
That guy just lined up half his body across the ball for Miami.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Harvin just got away with a big hold. Borderline stupid penalty by Florida.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Florida must paint their lines thicker than most teams or something. Miami keeps tripping all over the place.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Just what the Canes needed. A good drive going on with a 4th down conversion. Like the way Mavre is handling the crowd and controlling the offense.
Marve not looking too bad.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone just see what I saw? A guy holding a "Tebow will you marry me?" sign? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img] </div></div>
I did and asked the same question. This fan is a prime example of what a Gayturd is.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
I saw several guys holding signs saying that. Hmm...
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Apparently sausage is a favorite food on campus.
I'll own up--my prediction was WAY off. I had just started to believe a little too early. I'm pleased with where we're at as a team--all those freshmen holding their own against UFag in the swamp for a little over 3 quarters--that's huge for a team that was supposed to get blown out in the 1st half. I wish we would have won, but those who watched that game all the way thru know how close we are to being on level footing with a top 10 team like Florida is now, once again.
Our very own long-lost mega was at my house watching the game with me, and here's a few things we observed:
1) Give Bill Young (DC) a raise. He earned his money tonight, and then some. He had a great gameplan--I just think our guys got tired in coverage late in the game, yielding some TD's that shouldn't have happened. He gave everyone a blueprint of how to neutralize Tebow and that offense--someone with better/more experienced personnel will beat UF this year by using that scheme, you can bank on it.
2) The overturn on that non-catch in the 3rd was garbage, and the true turning point of the game. Sure--the guy's elbow hit the ground in bounds, but he did not control the ball after getting a body part in bounds. You still have to maintain possession--which he clearly did not do--Randy Phillip's hit jarred the ball loose. But--what can you do when Paul Dee's worst negotiation ever included SEC officials doing a game in an SEC stadium against a crown jewel SEC team hosting a high profile game against a hated ACC opponent. Had that play not happened, Miami still would have had a shot to keep the game closer and to even win the game...
3) Robert Marve is the QB that's needed for Miami's offense. No more flip flopping between him and Harris. He's got the arm, the escapability, and the ability to read defenses that's needed to be successful--let him do his thing. Only complaint about Marve? He's too quick to bootleg to either side and escape a rush instead of sticking in the pocket, stepping up under pressure, and delivering the football to the middle of the field (could have been that most routes called by Nix were towards the sideline and not to the middle of the field though). Which brings me to:
4) Patrick Nix isn't OC material. He's not a bad QB coach, but he's not a very good playcaller at all. Runs out of the spread are garbage unless you have a true dual-threat QB (which Marve nor Harris is), and guys like James, Cooper, Thomas, and even the two RB's who are currently committed for next year's class (Bryce Brown & Mike James) are all I-backs. They're meant to put back there in the I or singleback formation and run the ball downhill...not be a scat back out of the spread. Also, calling runs on 2nd & 5 when you've got the defense on their heels is ridiculous--playaction pass or just a drop back on 2nd & 5 is an easy call, one that should be made almost everytime. We need more plays downfield too--not go routes, but 15-20 yard routes. Most all of the completions Marve/Harris had were in a 5-10 yard box--they didn't stretch the defense at all--and that's a direct cause of the plays that were called--not coverages by UF. Don't handcuff Marve/Harris, let them throw the ball downfield. Scrap the bubble & middle screens--those only work when you can throw the ball down the field anyways...you don't run those to open up the downfield stuff, it's counter-intuitive.
5) I'm comfortable in the direction this team is headed in all facets, except for offensive coordinator (look for Nix to be gone after this season if he doesn't pick it up make better playcalling decisions). We're almost back, and it's not going to take 2-3 more seasons. Anywhere from 8-5 to 10-3 isn't out of the realm of possibility for this team this year, and given how badly the rest of the ACC has played, we should make it to the championship game and possibly a BCS bowl--and with the recruiting boon that should come from that? Katie, bar the door. The only two games remaining this year I have ANY thoughts about Miami losing are FSU and Wake Forest...that's it (barring major injuries of course). And both of those are at home in Dolphins Stadium, advantage--Canes.
This is the best I've felt the day after a loss to a rival on the road ever...disappointed, but hopeful and eager for what's to come.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Bookmarks